Apply over any color for a glittering effect
What would a princess's world be without a little sparkle? This clear topcoat actually contains glitter that, when daylight or room lighting shines on it, gives paint an absolutely amazing effect! (If you think it looks beautiful here, wait until you see it in person!) The All That Glitters finish can be applied over any paint in any color or sheen to make an entire wall shimmer or just light up a magical accent area. With the All That Glitters finish, you can realize fairytale-worthy bedroom wall ideas in a twinkle!
See More Disney Paint Products
You Will Need:
- Disney All That Glitters specialty finish
- Glidden® paint tinted to a Disney color for base coat (optional)
- A new, premium quality, 1/2" nap, 6.5" mini roller
- Roller frame
- Paint tray
- Drop cloth
- 2" painter's tape
- Simple to use
- Only 1 coat necessary
- 1 quart covers approximately 100 square feet
Tip: The All That Glitters finish is most noticeable over light to medium paint colors.
How to Apply All That Glitters Finish
For best results, please see complete details on the label before applying finish to the wall. For optimal uniformity of the finish, each wall should be completed without stopping by the same person.
- Let the base coat dry for at least 24 hours.
- Tape off any areas where you don't want glitter with painter's tape.
- Stir the finish and pour into a paint tray. (Don't worry about the milky white color — it will dry clear.) Condition the roller thoroughly by rolling it through the finish 20 times.
Let's Get Glittering!
- Starting in the upper left corner of the wall, use the paint roller to apply the finish to a small section - approximately an 18-inch square. You don't want straight edges or perfect lines as you would with traditional paint, so roll at different angles.
Reload and Repeat!
- Reload your roller and start a new small section. For even coverage, be sure to blend it in with the previous area.
- Continue working your way across the wall until it's completed. The finish will remain wet and workable for about 5 minutes. Fill in any bare or hard-to-reach spots with your brush and smooth any ridges with the roller.
It Dries Clear - With an Incredibly Shimmery Finish!
- The All That Glitters finish dries to the touch in about 60 minutes, but leave the tape on for four hours. Then lightly run a utility knife along the edges where paint and tape meet so you can remove the tape without taking any of your sparkling masterpiece with it!