A translucent yellow, ready-to-use paint that allows any surface to glow in the dark
Ready, Set, Glow! is a solar-powered, glow in the dark paint finish that brings your brightest ideas for wall art to life! Use it on top of a solid wall color to create cool shapes and designs that actually shine. (Don't worry - this glow in the dark paint finish only glows for 5 to 10 minutes or so at a time, so it won't stretch out bedtime!) Be as bold and creative as you like. Shoot for the moon - by painting an actual moon or a whole solar system, for example - or do something super-simple, like painting some glowing specks to look like fairy dust. However you use this glow in the dark paint finish, faces are sure to beam when you turn off the lights!
You Will Need:
- Disney Ready, Set, Glow! glow in the dark paint finish
- Any color of Disney Ultra Durable Paint for basecoat (optional)
- New, premium quality, 3/8" nap, 6.5" mini roller
- Roller frame
- Paint tray
- Drop cloth
- 2" painters tape
- Stencil (optional)
Tip: If painting over a dark base color, paint your design in white and then paint over it with the glow in the dark paint finish as follows.
How to the Apply Ready, Set, Glow! Glow in the Dark Paint Finish
For best results, please see complete details on the label.
Stencils Keep It Simple from the Start.
- Let the base coat dry for at least 24 hours before applying Ready, Set, Glow! glow in the dark paint finish.
- Tape a stencil where you want to paint that shape so that it won't move. (Be sure to follow the proper instructions on making stencils or how to use a projector instead. If you have a steady hand, you can also try making shapes freehand.)
- Stir the glow in the dark paint finish and pour it into a tray.
Watch How Fast Your Ideas Take Shape!
- Using a brush or roller, fill in the stencil by starting at the middle and working your way out with short strokes. Be careful not to overload the brush or roller, and work gently so that paint doesn't build up along the edges of the stencil. If using a stenciling brush, use a pouncing motion to apply the finish.
- Once you've filled in the stencil, remove the tape except for the top piece, and lift the stencil to check your shape. If you need to touch up the edges, lower the stencil and finish filling it in. When you're done, carefully remove the stencil.
- For a more dramatic glow, wait four hours and apply a second coat.
Soon It's Time To Shine!
- Let the Ready, Set, Glow! glow in the dark paint finish dry for about four hours.
- To charge the glow in the dark paint finish, expose it to light for about 15 minutes. Then turn out the lights, and be amazed!