A metallic paint available in 24 unique colors
Whether your style is sleek and cool or as fancy as a fairytale, nothing makes a room feel impressive quite like the gleam of Magnificent Metallic paint. Choose from 24 exclusive paint colors with a unique metallic sheen! Paint a whole wall with Magnificent Metallic paint for maximum pizzazz, or use it to make magical wall art, like a lightning bolt that seems to really flash, or a princess' tiara that glimmers in the light. Magnificent Metallic paint makes it easy to let your imagination shine!
Available in 24 unique colors, including ready-to-use gold:
You Will Need:
- Any color of Disney Magnificent Metallic specialty finish
- Any color of Disney Ultra Durable Paint for basecoat (optional)
- New, premium quality, 1/2" nap, 6.5" mini roller
- 9" faux finish sponge roller
- 2 roller frames
- Paint tray
- Drop cloth
- 2" painters tape
How to Apply the Magnificent Metallic Finish
For best results, please see complete details on the label.
- Let the base coat dry for at least 24 hours.
- First, use painters tape to tape off all areas where you don't want the Magnificent Metallic finish.
- Stir the finish and pour into a paint tray. Condition the 6.5" mini roller thoroughly by rolling it through the finish 20 times.
FIRST COAT: You'll have it down pat in a flash!
- Starting in the upper left corner of the wall, use the mini roller to apply the Magnificent Metallic finish by rolling up and down from the ceiling to the floor without stopping in between. Use about two saturated rollers full of paint for each strip, and always finish with a downward stroke. (If you're painting a tight spot where a roller won't fit, follow the same technique in that area using a brush instead.)
- Put more Magnificent Metallic finish on the paint roller before you start each new strip. As you work your way across wall, blend each new strip into the one before it, and remember to always end with a downward stroke.
- Let the first coat dry overnight. NOTE: The first coat of the Magnificent Metallic finish may look uneven. Don't worry - that's normal. It will look much better once you've finished the technique and the paint is done drying.
SECOND COAT: Repeat with a Twist.
- Use the mini roller to paint three strips the same way you did with first coat.
- After you have finished three strips, roll the 9" faux finish sponge roller through the paint ONLY once. (This time you don't want to saturate the roller.)
- Use the 9" sponge roller and apply firm pressure to make a single continuous sweep from the ceiling to the floor.
- Apply two more strips with the mini roller, and then repeat the sweep with the 9" sponge roller.
- Repeat these steps until your wall art is finished.
- Let the Magnificent Metallic finish dry for at least four hours.
- Lightly run a utility knife along the edges where paint and tape meet to avoid pulling off any dried paint when you remove the tape. And voila!