Apply over any color for a sparkling confetti effect
What's the easiest way to jazz up a room? Disney Speck-Tacular finish! This clear, speckled paint is actually a topcoat that lets you give any paint color a sparkling confetti effect. It's style worthy of a superstar! And from glamorizing a game room to realizing the most dazzling bedroom decorating ideas, your speckled paint finish is sure to get rave reviews.
How to Apply the Speck-Tacular Finish
For best results, please see complete details on the label. For optimal uniformity of the finish, each wall should be completed without stopping by the same person.
- Let the base coat dry for at least 24 hours.
- Tape off any areas where you don't want speckled paint with painter's tape.
- Stir the speckled paint finish and pour it into a paint tray. (Don't worry about the milky white color — it will dry clear.) Condition the roller thoroughly by rolling it through the finish 20 times.
Roll Out the Razzle Dazzle!
- Starting in the upper left corner of the wall, use the roller to apply the speckled paint finish to a small section, about 18 inches by 18 inches. Roll at different angles, not in straight lines like you would with traditional paint.
Reload and Repeat!
- Reload your roller with the speckled paint and start a new small section. Make sure to blend it in with the last area you painted for even coverage.
- Continue working your way across the wall until it's completed. The finish will remain wet and workable for about 5 minutes. Fill in any bare or hard-to-reach spots with your brush and smooth any ridges with the roller.
It Dries Clear - With Sparkling Specks of Glitz and Glam!
- The speckled paint finish will be dry to the touch in about an hour, but leave the tape in place for four hours. Before you remove the tape, just lightly run a utility knife along the edges where it meets the paint so you can be sure not to take any of your Speck-Tacular finish wall art with it by mistake.